Start of School: Bennet Elementary Notes
Good Evening Bennet Elementary Parents,
Welcome back to the 2020 school year. I am looking forward to having the students back into the building and establishing a routine. Our staff has been very busy preparing their classrooms for students. Here are a few key points before our first day on Thursday.
- The school day begins at 8:20, and the tardy bell rings at 8:30. Students are not allowed to be dropped off at school before 8:00 a.m. unless they are using the before/after school program. The circle drive may be used for pick up and drop off beginning at 8:00 a.m., as parents will not be allowed in the building during these times. All elementary students will enter through the front doors and be temperature checked upon entering their classroom.
- Visitors at this time will not be permitted.
- Students will be required to wear masks during the day, as we will be following the local health department guidelines. All students will take scheduled mask breaks throughout the day with their class.
- KDG-3rd grade students will eat lunch in their classrooms, and 4th-6th grade students will eat in the lunchroom.
- Students are encouraged to bring a water bottle to school each day, as they will not be allowed to use the drinking fountains. Water bottles need to have a lid (no straw) and be clearly labeled with student’s name or initials.
Procedures for exiting the school will be:
- KDG will exit through the preschool doors beginning at 3:10 with Mrs. Dvorak’s classroom, followed by Mrs. Nitzsche, and then Mrs. Wusk.
- 1st-3rd grades will exit out the front doors.
- 4th-6th grades will exit out the gym doors.
- Bus students will exit out the North doors.
- Parents/guardians picking up child/ren from the before/after school program between 3:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m. will need to call the office at 402-782-3535 and meet their child at the front door. If you are picking up after 4:00 p.m., you will need to pick up from the playground area/gym using the playground entrance, or the second set of entry doors in the front of the building.
- The circle drive can be used for pick up and drop off of students. Please be cautious of the A.M. buses using the circle as well.
- All students will need their own headphones, as these will be stored in the classroom and not be able to be shared among students.
- Birthday treats will not be permitted at this time.
- Please make sure all students’ items are labeled before bringing to school.
Thank you for your continued support during this time. I look forward to working with your family! Please contact the school office with any additional questions.